Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am done...

Done da done done DONE!
Seriously, I'd like to wrap this up now.
Get out get out get out.
I am over it. Kaput. Fine.
Hasta luego.
And its only 39 weeks 3 days (4 days to go.)

But apparently the "40 weeks" theory is based on theory of 10 lunar months and dates back to the bible. A more accurate due date would be to take your LMP date, minus 3 months and add 15 days. That would bring me to the 12th. Or, based on a 1st trimester ultrasound, you would add 7 days. That would bring me to the 15th. Meanwhile, my friend who was due on the 3rd had her baby on the 2nd.

Lets just take a second to note that I am HAPPY that I made it this far, and am thrilled that everything is healthy and moving like it should.

I would just like to be done please thank you very much.

The baby feels HUGE, kicking me in both my sternum (not even just the ribs!) and my cervix at the same time. I drive over a bump in the road, and it burns. I lean forward at the computer and it hurts. I lie on the couch and my hips cramp up. I try to sleep and I wake up to pee every 2 hours. This is supposed to be my last week of work before leave and I DON'T want to have to come back in on Monday. I want to meet my baby, know that s/he is healthy and know if it is a she or a he. Everything is DONE and ready for the baby, both at home and at work, so I'm bored.

But there are worse places to be. I'll take what I can get. I just wish I knew when it would be over and what the outcome would be. But I guess that takes all the 'fun' out of things, right?

Sigh.

No comments: