Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First 'family' vacation

This weekend we went to Willamsburg for a nice little weekend away. It was me, DH, and my parents. We stayed in one of those timeshare thingies, so we had to sit through an absolutly fahbulous presentation, but in the end, the 90 minutes of torture were worth the awesome weekend. Besides how cool the town is, it was just fun hanging out with hubby, and spending time with my parents. Loved it. We took lots of pictures so we can show the baby that s/he was there. On a pregnancy related note... boy can I swell! My ankles and hands were crazy!Apparently bacon is not so good. Neither is heat and humidity. But swimming...swimming is AWESOME! Totally took the swelling down. And it felt so good. Baby kicked like crazy the whole weekend, especially during the loooonnnnggg car ride. Yay baby!

Today at work I got my first baby shower! It was so nice and such an awesome surprise. At one point I started freaking out because this is all becoming so real. I mean, for the longest time, the focus was on getting pregnant, then staying pregnant, then being pregnant... and in 3 months it will end and I'll have a baby! That is so surreal. I need to really get cracking at getting stuff done! I mean, I now have about 10 onesies, but I need 20 something of them in different sizes!! Babys need so much stuff! And wow, is it getting expensive! And that's with collecting giveaways from friends. I think we are about to have too much furniture, and still need a stroller, but should be good in many ways. Once we have the nursery put together then we can begin filling it. But wow, time is flying!

I signed up for childbirth classes today. The next few months are going to be FULL of stuff after work. I'm already starting to feel like a parent....

So a happy belated mother's day to all of us. Even if we don't have a child yet, it doesn't mean we are less of a mother. Going through IF and hitting mother's day would always make me sad, but I would choose to celebrate the nurturing energy within me, and the mother that someday I would be.

No comments: