Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I love LOVE a three day weekend!

First, on a different note, DH talked to one of his friends who has a due date 1 month after ours. They decided that our babies will be best friends, and realized we both have the same problem. We both have 4 days a week covered and 1 day up in the air. We figured it could work out very well for us if we exchange our day. This could work out great! Of course, I would rather be home with the baby, but it can help us get through the gap.

Okay, now back to the weekend...

Friday we went to DH's home and visited with his sister and bro-in-law. Nice, easy visit except apparently the three of them are sports junkies, and feel absolutly convinced that you MUST have a child in sports before they are in school. Seriously? My parents NEVER put me in something that I didn't choose, but they are deciding what their kid should participate in. I'm not really sure he even likes sports. Personally, I HATED sports. Why aren't they pushing him into an art class, or a music class? Or just keep exposing him to stuff, and then let him choose. Apparently DH is set on his kid being in sports. I see some problems in our future. Our one saving grace in this is that we have no money to do this stuff with. The other saving grace is that DH talks a good game, but much of the activity of getting something done falls on me. And if I don't really care about it, it doesn't get done. So we shall see...

After this lively discussion, I totally had to go to bed. The problem was the guest bed was so fricking hard that I had the WORST time sleeping. Made even worse by the sounds of a 6 year old knocking on the door and trying to break into the bedroom at 5:55am. Ugh! By 8:30am we were up and going to his baseball game. It was SO hot and SO boring. I mean, it could have been worse in both areas, but it was 80+ outside with no shade, and they pitch until the kid hits the ball, so the game doesn't really move. They don't keep score, there is no competition, they don't really teach the fundementals of hitting, just of fielding, which no one gets to practice because they are waiting around for a kid to FINALLY get a hit. Afterwards we went back to sister's house, and had a nice lunch while the kids ran around and squirted each other. DH totally jumped in the fun, but I was so hot and so tired which = SO CRANKY. We went in to the hot hot house and I laid down on the couch while everyone else went to do something for themselves. Just me and the nephew. I just wanted to drift off but he would see that my eyes were closed and would wake me up!! I know he jsut wanted to spend time with me and would have been happy to play with me but I was SO hot and SO tired. Finally DH came down and I was free to go and get a nap. When it was time to get up, nephew came in to wake me. I told DH he set a boy to do a man's job, and DH said he never sent him in! The little stinker!

We went to a BBQ that night at a friend's house and it was fun. Everyone who had babies last year (remember those 4 that totally depressed me?) brought their babies with them. It definetly creates a different kind of party! They were all so cute! I was in MUCH better spirits this time around that I was pregnant.

Sunday we hung out with the MIL, and then went to my parents house for their BBQ. And Sunday night I had a minor breakdown because I was so fat and so hot and so unhappy and I forgot things at my mom's house, etc etc. But the next day I felt SOOO much better. I just really needed a good nights sleep.

Monday my mom came over to help plant and weed my gardens for me (since the neighborhood cats like to pee in them.) and then I started organizing the office. Got a lot done and have a LOT to go! But at least I started.

And now on to a 4 day work week with a free Saturday to look forward to. I'm thinking if I don't go to the gym I can get more done at home. BUT if I don't go to the gym I'll get even fatter. Its a lose lose situation I'm afraid.

And I wouldn't change it for anything...

No comments: