Thursday, January 8, 2009

First OB Appointment

So yesterday was the 1st appointment as a non-IFer. VERY different expereince. I mean, there were pregnant women in the office, the office was less busy, and it wasn't nearly as depressing. The doctor is super nice, and did a great job answering our questions. Then she brought out the doppler (not trans-vaginal, an abdominal doppler) and said she would try to see if she could find the heartbeat, but not to stress since it may still be a little to early to hear it externally. So we were well prepared, and honestly, I didn't expect anything. I mean, its only 9weeks4days. Well, surprise to us all when she found it pretty darn quickly!!! Wow! I cried. I still can't believe that this is real. My pants are getting tight, I have a super teeny bump (kinda just looking fat), and my morning sickness has quieted significantly. I got a couple of weeks until the 2nd trimester, but life is pretty good right now. So, of course, I'm totally waiting for the other shoe to drop. What's the catch (so to speak)? I have to call and make an appointment for 1st trimester screening for Down's Syndrome and Trisomy, and it makes me very nervous though Doc doesn't think we are much of a risk. Finger's crossed that she's right!

No comments: