Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Houston...we've got a blob!

Last night I told the 'rents. It went smashingly! Earlier in the day my Dad had called to tell me my Mom had cut open her thumb and just had stitches, so could I pick up some food on the way over. Sure, why not. So hubby & I got my $10 oil change (!!!), went to the food store, and then to my parent's house. All was well, then I told my Mom I made her a "feel better" card at work. (I even had it in a work envelope.) She laughed, and opened it...

Hubby said her face just lit up. Me? I was too nervous and can't remember much. But there were tears and hugs and excitement all around. It felt so good. I hate keeping a secret from my family, and during the 16 months of TTC all I wanted was to bring a baby into the family as a whole. Not just my life. Heck, sometimes I think I wanted a baby more for my parents than for me. I think it will be a very lucky baby.

Today was our Doctor's apt. She confirmed that yes, I AM pregnant, and then I got to meet the "d*ldo cam." She has me at about 5 weeks 4 days, which is right around what I thought I was. We saw the sac (in my uterus, thank the lord), and the yolk sac, and a tiny little flickery blob which was the baby. Awww... So I have my next appointment on the 29th to see the heartbeat and arm/leg buds and I need to call the OB since it will take about a month to get in to see her.

I can't believe this is really happening!

No comments: