Monday, December 8, 2008

So last Thursday I had my second blood test. The same lab tech took the sample and asked if my levels had gone up. Ummm.... no clue since this is only the second test. Well, on Friday my doctor's office calls me to tell me that my levels are excellent, so I don't need to go a third time since they are so high. Yippee!! So my urine says I'm pregnant and now my blood agrees! She cancelled my January appointment because she said I would not need it (optimist) and pushed my appointment back from today until Wednesday so I can get a sonogram. I think that is very exciting.

I told my first people yesterday. I have been friends with these two girls since I was 9 months old. We lost touch briefly in the post college years, but a couple of years ago we started making monthly trips to a spot in between our two states (takes me about 2 hours to get there) for lunch once a month where we can catch up on our lives. Being of the mindset of controlling who I tell, and limiting it to people I would tell if something was wrong, they were told. I told about the crazy, baby-filled weekend of Thanksgiving, and then ended with the test turned positive. I made sure they understood that I wasn't necessarily pregnant, just that I had a positive pregnancy test. (I know, I'm weird.) I also told them I would text them after the doctor's appointment on Wed. with a smiley or frowny face so they would know what's up. It took so long to get to this point, but not nearly as long as I was expecting, so I can't help but wait for the other shoe to drop. I tell my parent's tomorrow, which is not my preference (I would prefer AFTER the sonogram) but its the only day hubby can go.

Meanwhile, in the land of lacking symptoms...
The boobs still hurt... a LOT! I mean, I can't even hug my hubby as tight as I would like since I feel like there are these two hard, sharp rocks between us. Meanwhile, still no period, which is the biggest symptom of all. I've also been hungrier than I ever have been. Yesterday, we got the to the restaurant and I devoured my whole meal. I NEVER finish a meal at a restaurant, and I couldn't help myself! I was halfway through my sandwich and was still starving. I'm normally a very light eater so this was weird for me. My nose is leaking like crazy. I've read that all your membranes start secreting more fluid (vag) and that your body doesn't necessarily differentiate. But it feels more like a cold. Who knows? And I'm waking up on my own at 7:30am every morning because I have to pee like a racehorse. In the evening and early morning I've recently been feeling a little nauseous but I think it may have more to do with being hungry than with pregnancy. And right now, I'm exhausted, mainly because my head feels stuffy. Hmmmm.... maybe it is just a cold....

No comments: